30 Before 30
DONE!! I turned 30 on March 17, 2012, so this little experiment is over for now. But I’m looking forward to finding new challenges and things to add to my life list!
I’m starting a new page to track my 30 before 30 list! Let’s see how many of these I can tackle in the next year!
It’s official. Today I enter the last year of my 20s. Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday I was wishing to be 25. I wouldn’t give back any of the past ten years for anything because they’ve been pretty fantastic–I got married, bought a house, started to see the world, and made just about the best set of friends a girl could ask for! Oh and I found all of you through a new found joy of cooking and blogging!
In the spirit of capping off my 20s with a fantastic year, I’ve come up with a list of 30 things I want to do before I turn 30. Not that life ends at 30 or anything (I know it doesn’t!) but I want this to be one fabulous year, so let’s get this thing going!
30 before 30–in no particular order!
1. Run a marathon (this terrifies me!)
2. DONE!!: Run 3 more half marathons
3. DONE!! Not quite a picnic, but we did have waffles :-) Enjoy a spontaneous picnic with friends near the Eiffel Tower
4. DONE!! See a new country
5. See a new continent
6. DONE! Visit wineries!
7. DONE!! Noel and I visited Charleston for our 5th anniversary dinner. Eat at Cindy Wolfe’s Charleston
8. DONE!! We enjoyed an early Christmas Dinner at Woodberry on December 19 with the Usuals. Eat at Woodberry Kitchen
9. DONE!! Give Brian Voltaggio another chance
10. DONE!! Make puff pastry from scratch
11. DONE!! I think two wedding cakes in two weeks counts as big! Build my biggest cake ever
12. DONE! Become a transatlantic Disney park-goer
13. DONE! Run in foreign countries
14. DONE! Keep my niece for a whole weekend and return her in one piece!
15. DONE! Enter a baking or recipe competition. I entered the Rehoboth Beach Chocolate Festival!
16. DONE!! BSP Recap Attend a blogger conference
17. Overcome my fear of ferry boats and take a ride to Cape May
18. DONE! More work on that fear of water…by at least sticking my toes in the water when I’m at the beach! And getting in pools when they’re available! Pretty sure I’ve conquered this one…I’m getting intot the water without fear!!
19. DONE! More canning. And branching out from fruits. I hear pickles are good. In early November Eileen and I made a crazy amount of apple butter, from these apples. No pickles yet, but I did can something new!
20. DONE!Attend a wine or beer themed meal
21. DONE! New PRs on all of the race distances I’ve already run–5K, 10K, Half Marathon
22. DONE! French Bread–from Scratch!
23. DONE! Stick with strength training. For real this time–I’ve been strength training at least once a week for almost a year now! Body Pump classes have really helped me learn what to do, and I feel like I’m stronger and more toned.
24. DONE!! Spend more time with family, and see my cousins. I miss them!
25. DONE! Make 2011 a beach summer26. DONE! Take a day long bike ride on the Eastern Shore
27. DONE! Learn to shoot on something other than auto or aperture priority on my camera–I’m still taking baby steps on this one, but I am shooting in Program mode a lot more. This all started with a photo class in November!
28. DONE! Go on a trip with just Noel. I know this sounds crazy, but I’m a social animal, so we normally travel in packs!
29. AS DONE as this work in progress could be This one’s for Noel–learn to truly love the cats. Especially Ariadne, aka the furry devil.
30. DONE AND DONE! Keep pushing myself every single day. Because as one of my friends who I admire a great deal says “Everything you want is there, right outside your comfort zone.”